What is new with the new version of CCNA™ exam?
The new CCNA exam appears to be almost same as the old CCNA 640-801, with a couple of minor changes:
1) ISDN is gone from curriculum (well, it was obsolete indeed!)
2) Concepts of Wireless and Security were added
3) Notions of VoIP and IP v6 were added
Further, it was said that:
1) INTRO course is now ICND1, and you can get your first Cisco credential with it. Formerly, it was just a pre-requisite for ICND
2) ICND is now ICND2
But, it needs to be confirmed.
According to the new track, one can achieve CCNA in either of two ways:
1. Pass the CCNA exam (exam code:640-802) directly, or
2. Pass two exams, namely ICND1 (exam code: 640-822 ) and ICND2 (exam code: 640-816)
After passing ICND1, you will be awarded CCENT certification. If you are experienced, you can always take single exam (640-802) track.
Note: It is recommended to check with the official website for accurate and up-to-date information.